As a Senior PHP Developer:
- Join the production team to build new and innovative products for the company.
- Plan engineering sprints to meet the objectives of the Product team.
- Deliver production-ready solutions
As a DevOps engineer:
- Build, test, and maintain the infrastructure and tools to allow for the speedy development and release of our SaaS products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Main Task 1:As a Senior PHP Developer, you are tasked to join the production team to build new and innovative SaaS products.
You’ll need to focus on 2 main areas
- Work alongside architecture team to design technical solutions
- Hands-on software engineering – 70%+ of your time in the code for this task
- Peer review other developers code and provide feedback on improvement and compliance with acceptance criteria
- Champion and adhere to – test-driven development
- Help develop and adhere to – software engineering guidelines and standards
- Identify architectural, technical debts and devise the action plan
- Review and ensure the products’ scalability to meet the market growth challenges
- Work with Product Team to interpret and understand product goals
- Provide insight and feedback on the product development process
- Work with the product management team to interpret and communicate product goals
- Facilitate technical task breakdown and estimating
- Participate in showcases – demonstrate how your work achieves the goal
- Participate in retrospectives – ensure we are always learning and adapting to challenges and change
Main Task 2: Your second role at DMSpro is as a DevOps engineer. You are tasked to:
- Build and set up new development tools and infrastructure to meet SLAs
- Work on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Set up security scanning to test and examine code written by others and analyze results
- Ensure that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identify technical problems and develop software updates and fixes
- Bachelor or College degree in IT or Software Engineering
- Azure DevOps Engineer Certificate or any professional DevOps certification is desirable
- At least 5 years of backend engineering experience
- At least 3 years in senior or development lead role
- At least 2 years working within a truly agile development process
- At least 1-year hands-on experience working on a SaaS software product
- Able to use Git and follow git flow workflow
- Familiar with CI/CD build and deployment processes
- Experience working in a DevOps culture
- Experience building REST based APIs – from design through to implementation and integration support
- Understanding of microservices/Service Oriented Architecture design
- Experience with MYSQL DB Design/optimization.
- Experience with DevOps services (Azure is preferred)
- Write high quality, maintainable code.
- Write automated tests that align with the product requirements.
- Spend time reviewing peers work and have your work peer reviewed.
- Document your solutions to support other engineers that need to interface with your work.
- Your solutions are designed to scale both with traffic and data.
- Manage your time effectively
- Communicate with your team and product managers to estimate and plan features
- Highly positive – even in the face of adversity
- Highly supportive – always available to those that you need to support
- Highly professional – keep calm under pressure, hear all aspects, collect all facts and make the best call
- Adaptive – if the situation changes, you shape your team to fit
- Communicative – breaking down business context for developers